Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy Fourth of July 2010!

Happy Fourth of July!

Jeff and I are taking Gus up to the lake today, hoping to score a nice grassy spot to sit, enjoy the unusually nice weather and dig into an array of snacks. Gus is already anxious to get there as he knows there are toys and a certain peanut butter laced kong waiting for him!

I gave Jeff a few new recipes to look through, but he had other ideas in mind of what would be good today - he had picked out repeat recipes that he's been wanting to eat again. Here's a snapshot of what we are packing the cooler with...


English Lemon Shortbread Strips

Jeff, Gus and I hope everyone has a safe holiday - enjoy your day today!

8 comments:

  1. Happy 4th!

    I am almost afraid to ask but where is the white dog ?
    You haven't mentioned him in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your first 4th in NC. I'm holding down the MN fireworks for you two! My two dogs? They'll be under the bed panting, drooling and shaking. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh i just love that pooch....
    Happy Birthday America and you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th to you, Jeff and Gus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering about your other pup too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon and Gigi - Max (the white American Eskimo)went to the Farm (my Mom's house) probably 2 years or so ago. He needed more room to run around and activity - plus his family (dad and sister) are still there. We took him down and he didn't want to leave!

    MB - Sorry about the pups not liking all the noise!

    Diane - Thanks!

    Donna - and back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe, glad to hear Max is enjoying the good life with his dad and sister...although when you said "the Farm" my heart did skip a beat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on the lookout for a Gus picture for a while... thanks for the "fix".... I agree with Diane "I just love that pooch"!!!

    ReplyDelete