Friday, April 09, 2010

Print-friendly recipes...

I was about to post another new recipe, but we'll push that off until tomorrow as I have some long-coming news to share! I think we've finally nailed the code (thanks GreenLava!) to produce print-friendly recipe pages without having to re-direct you to another website or change the individual posts over to PDF files. There may be a tweak or two left to do, but the changes are now live!

Now, when you go directly to a recipe post, you'll be able to print the text of the recipe (minus any website formatting, sidebars or pictures) without having to copy and paste the information to another program. If you want to see what will print before you try it out, just select print preview and give it a look! I know you've been asking for this for quite some time now - thank you for being patient! Please send us a note if you find any issues with the process.

10 comments:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

    You really have so many great takes on recipes here. Can't wait to print them off easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you also have option to include photo of the completed dish?

    I usually select what I want to print and on the print menu, I check off print from selection. Didn't really have a problem before, but of course, print-friendly recipes is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Joe! But I would also like the option of printing the picture with the recipe, I love recipes with photos of the finish dish (my favorite feature in cookbooks!)
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! That will be a nice feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great Joe. I just checked the print preview and it looks like it will work very well, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeremy - I'm glad we finally got it done!

    Anon and Ana - unfortunately, I believe it has to be either with the photo or without. I'll tinker around and see what I can do. If the majority would like the picture, then I'll change it again.

    Teri - That was our goal!

    Kalyn - Fantastic. That you for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe,

    have you made the change to all the recipes yet? I can't see the printer icon in last recipe. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helene - there is no printer "icon". Just do your regular print option for your browser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the printer option. Just one weency request... can you add the name of your blog so that we never forget where we get these amazing recipes??!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lidia - It should already be there in the upper left hand corner.

    ReplyDelete