Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chocolate cookie repeat...

There is a cookie recipe that we made way back in 2005, shortly after we started this website, that we have sent to friends and family, made for neighbors and prepared for a few bake sales over the years since then. What we haven't done was make them again for the Weekly Wednesday Treat Day!

I was thinking about this the other day and mentioned those Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies to Jeff - he suggested that we skip a new recipe this week and get these into the oven as soon as possible. Because we both even liked the picture we took way back then, I gave the camera a break this week too!

What I did do was tool around with the recipe we had posted - no differences in the ingredients really, but I wanted to update it to how I write out recipes now. I honestly don't have much else to say that I haven't already said when we first talked about these, other than these cookies are still just as exceptional as when we first tried them out - if you haven't made them yourself, what are you waiting for?

7 comments:

  1. Ever since you first posted those, they have been one of my all time fav cookie recipes! I used to bring them into my office and they always got rave reviews. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it really been that long ago since you first posted these? They have become a staple here since then. My DS loves them and ranks them as his number two cookie behind Snickerdoodles.

    Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, My name is Rachel:
    I really love your blog, I'll be trying out your recipes in the near future.
    I was wondering if you'd like to do a link exchange.
    here's my site:
    http://itsmadefromscratch.blogspot.com

    thank you for your time
    Rachel Neil
    peru1@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made them quite frequently and they are always requested...love, love, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren - I definitely need to make them more often!

    Erika - I thought the same thing when I looked back to when we first made them. Crazy!

    Rachel - Thanks for finding us!

    Anon - Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids love this cookie and them always asking me to bake some of this for their afternoon snacks. I guess I should try to freeze this dough so that every time they ask me to bake some of this I just need to cut the dough then bake it instantly. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose - I haven't tried freezing the raw dough, but we froze some of the baked cookies from this last batch and they were just as good thawed!

    ReplyDelete