Saturday, March 01, 2008

A cookie for peanut butter lovers!

If you were to do a search in our Dessert and Baked Goods recipe section, you would quickly figure out that we are big peanut butter fans. Cakes, candies, cookies, granola, pancakes and heck, even treats for the pups!

Our favorite variety from that list would probably have to be in the cookie department and these Triple Play Peanut Butter Cookies may have just raced to the top of the list. With generous amounts of crunchy chopped peanuts, smooth peanut butter chips and creamy peanut butter, these cookies will quell any cravings for peanut butter lovers.

Granulated sugar ensures these cookies will have a gentle crispness while an equal amount of dark brown sugar lends enough moisture to keep them somewhat soft at the same time. The dough is soft, but not too sticky - when you go to bake them, I suggest that you slightly flatten them with your palm. The cookies don't spread too much and could use a little head start, but if you like really thick cookies, just bake them as is.

If you go the full 14 minutes, the cookies will be more crisp all the way through - we liked them best around 12 minutes as the center was more chewy. With three layers of peanut flavor, I was quietly swooning as I ate through my first cookie. By cookie number two, I caught myself saying "MMmmm..." out loud - I'm thinking these could be quite dangerous to have around!. If you love a peanut butter-chocolate combo, change out the peanut butter chips for chocolate chunks or chips and join me in celebrating one fantastic cookie.


10 comments:

  1. I stumble upon so many recipes with peanut chips. Never liked them a few years ago, but maybe I need to re-visit them 'cuz these Triple Plays sure sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in as a PB lover who just started eating lighter... so these will have to wait for me. They look delicious though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been searching for a peanut butter cookie lately. These look great! I may have to try them next weekend since I have a chocolate cookie on tap for later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peanut butter cookies. I like the addition of peanut butter chips in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JEP - You should really give them another try!

    Katie - Thanks!

    Lori - They do freeze well... not that I am an enabler or anything!

    Patsyk - These cookies are very worth it!

    Helene - The chips worked quite well with these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree - Thanks! They pack quite the peanut punch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't remember if I first saw this recipe on your site or on Cookie Madness, but either way I was enticed by both accounts of them. I made them (BIG...1/4 c scoop) and they were so soft and fat and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. in kc - I didn't make them quite as big, but I can see why one would want too! Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete