Thursday, May 12, 2005

Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops

Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops (Adapted from Baking From My Home to Yours

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chocolate malted milk powder (I use Carnation)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
11 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
6 ounces malted milk balls, halved or coarsely chopped
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, malted milk powder, cocoa, baking powder and salt.

In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined after each. Mix in vanilla.

Add half the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in milk, then the remaining dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Add malted milk balls and chocolate chunks - stir by hand until combined.

Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, drop the dough onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake until the centers are set and puffy, but still soft to the touch - about 10 to 14 minutes. Remove and let sit on the baking sheets for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 30 cookies.

Just found the recipe? Click here to see where we talked about it!

8 comments:

  1. I've made these before and absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't bake - never liked it, don't make desserts, but love to cook but you do send out inspiration to begin baking!! (My favorite cheesecake is crabmeat with meuniere sauce) Your blog is my absolute favorite. How in the world do you find the time? (keep finding the time, don't stop!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joe. Dean is gonna love you for this recipe. He is always asking me to by him Whoppers. Thanks for sharing a way to get that Whopper flavor into a cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilynn - I have to find a reason to make these again!

    Karen - I wonder the same thing myself sometimes when I look back through the blog!

    Ed - I hope you two enjoy the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy your blog--I don't read every day, but I do stop by at least once a week. I'm going to make these cookies because my husband LOVES malted anything.
    So, thanks for a consistently interesting read and for this recipe!
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eliza - Thanks for checking us out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Blog and recipes! And, I *love* the flavor of these cookies!! I had a problem when removing the cookies from the pan as the chocolate chunks had melted and stuck to the parchment paper. I will probably use less chocolate next time. (I chopped it into small bits and quartered the malt balls.) When storing, I should have placed wax paper between layers to keep them from sticking together. However, I will make these, again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue - Did you use parchment or just a greased pan? I'm glad you liked them though!

    ReplyDelete