Friday, December 30, 2005

Chunky or smooth - I still love you....

Oh peanut butter, how do I love thee?

Well... today I love you with bananas! This snack cake, Frosted Peanut Butter Banana Bars, is a very moist and tender cake with chunks of peanut butter chips throughout. A rich layer of frosting, kicked up by peanut butter, helps bring both flavors together. The banana flavor is more dominate than the peanut butter, but you can definitely taste both. Throwing the peanut butter chips into the flour, before adding it to the wet ingredients, helps keep them suspended in the batter instead of sinking to the bottom. The recipe for the frosting makes a bit too much for 1 cake, in my opinion, as I could cover the sides as well as the top and still have some leftover. I'm sure you could find something to use up the extra with! If I had some extra cookies or something I would use it there!

If you need a speedy pasta dish for dinner, this one came together quite fast. Linguine and Spinach with Gorgonzola Sauce uses fresh pasta which only takes a couple minutes to cook. The cheesy cream sauce should be started before you cook the pasta as it takes about 7-10 minutes to finish. The rich sauce is defined by the sharp blue cheese flavor and evaporated milk smooths it out into a creamy coating for the fresh pasta. Next time, I would coarsley chop the baby spinach as it did not wilt much and some of the pieces were quite large. Sliced grilled chicken would be an excellent addition if you did not want a veggie-only dish.


2 comments:

  1. I love the look of that frosting, Joe. I might just use that for some cupcakes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic - I think it would be great on cupcakes!

    EJP - !

    ReplyDelete