Sunday, February 19, 2006

How do you eat yours?

Not as many recipes this past week as we normally make - 8 this time, with the stand-outs being the Creamy Key Lime Bars and Peanut Chicken Soba Salad. I have the week ahead planned out and I will be much more busy with recipes this week!

Hershey's really seems to be cranking out the new limited edition candy bars these past couple months. Last week we spotted the Milkshake Kit Kats and today we found Double Chocolate Reese's cups!

While I do love our homemade version we make of Reese's, this one is quite good. The filling is quite firm and is less peanut buttery, but not in a bad way. It reminded me a little of nutella, execpt made with peanuts instead of hazelnuts. When I was growing up, if I had a choice I always went for Reese's first - My favorite way to eat them is to have them slightly frozen and start by nibbling off all of the edges. Then I'll eat the middle last. So how do you eat your Reese's?

Yesterday after making the key lime bars, we went to check out the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show. We were taken back by just how big this was - there were so many horses and quite a few events going on. It was hard to pick out what to go see, but we went from arena to arena and watched to see all of the different horses. From the information they gave out, there were close to 2,000 horses from all over at this show. Quite the sight! If you are in the area, I would definitely suggest going to check it out, it goes until the 26th of February. Here are a couple shots... Netflix's movie of the night will be War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning. We planned to see this in the theater, but we were less interested after the whole press thing with Tom/Katie and decided to just wait until the DVD came out.

8 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know we made your Peanut Chicken Soba Salad and it was GREAT! This recipe's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, food blogs need more horse photos. I'd put up some of mine, but they're not really fitting my theme, I think....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be dangerous for me to know how to make peanut butter cups! Love them-eat the middle then the chocolate edges. Will have to look for this new version. Your Key Lime Recipe will be on the menu next week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat mine in about 2 bites :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never come across Reese in the Uk.Shame as per your description is seems delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your description of a sort of nutella filling got me interested on trying this new reeses! Although I am still waiting for the milkshake kitkats!!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biscuit - Thanks for letting me know! I can't wait to make it again (although with the rate we try new recipes it may take awhile!"

    Nic - We'd love to see your horses!

    Fran - Thanks!

    Jeff - slow down and they might taste better!

    Valentina - Well we need to fix that, they are good!

    Ana - Have you tried the caramel ones? I've read they are not so tasty and I hate wasting calories on food that doesn't live up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i eat mine by cutting it with a knife and fork and then putting it on the pieces on the end of the spoon and flicking them into my mouth

    ReplyDelete