Thursday, April 20, 2006

Slowly returning to normal...

Whew! We flew out of Baltimore yesterday and the plane was a little late in leaving, so we finally got back to the house around 9pm last night... too late to start something for dinner. We pretty much just went to sleep. If you're wondering what's going on - I'll finally be giving the update in tomorrow's post with the info. We have been waiting on some details to be worked out.

Trying to get back into the swing of things, I did manage to crank something out from the kitchen today. I needed something to bring over to the Vet to thank them for all the stuff that have been doing for the pups lately, so I opened up a favorite cookie book and went lookin'. Jeff said the recipe for Peanut-Chocolate Half-Moons sounded like the way to go and I agreed.

These cookies are stuffed with peanut butter chips and then half dipped in a creamy, smooth and fudge-like icing. The cookies are taken out from the oven when they still look pretty soft, but as they cool, the texture turns into a crisp/chewy combo. Each cookie has a strong peanut buttery taste with the thick icing taking these simple cookies over the top with its rich flavor.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I thought I'd let you know I used your Pecan-Crusted Tilapia recipe tonight with some Mahi Mahi I picked up at Costco--used more pecans and less bread crumbs--it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With those cookies as reward, I'm sure your vets are ready to go the distance any time!

    And the suspense is killing me!!! Welcome back, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. come on, spill the beans! we've been so patient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear the news and updates!
    Oh, and the cookies looks delicious!! Yum!!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cookies look delicious, Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyndi - Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out!

    s'kat - Hee hee, they could buy a small country with the money they make off us!

    Chole - Hopefully we can keep a semi regular posting schedule!

    joanna - probably not as exciting as some were expecting!

    Ana and Cate - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete