Sunday, May 21, 2006

Arrival at the farm...

Sorry for the upcoming non-food related posts - but as we are travelling, I thought I would put up some of the pictures we have been taking along the way for the wedding and house hunting. I do have some food related posts in the works, so I will not be off-topic too often I hope. Thank you again for bearing with us as we are transitioning between states and whatnot!

We arrived early at the farm on day one - who needs an alarm clock when you have this going off at 5am....


Mom has several large flower gardens going throughout the farm for selling at the market- here are a couple of pictures that we snapped while we were sneaking around....


Here is the last shot for the night - This is Sam, as Jeff has "offically" named him; he is a runt baby goat that was rejected by his mom. My mom had nursed him back to life and now he follows people around on the farm like a puppy! Yes, I had to make sure we didn't have a baby goat hiding in the car somewhere as Jeff wanted to bring him with us.

(PS... Susan at FarmGirl Fare, I think we have some new playmates for your herd of animals!)

10 comments:

  1. Rock on! I love your off-topic posting. It puts everything else into context.

    The chicks/roosts are cute, the goats so much more so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't blame Jeff, if he wanted to sneak Sam home in the luggage. What a sweet face!

    Have a safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pictures !!!! nice post !!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jeff re the little goat -- soooo cute. When I was a little girl, my grandparents had a goat diary and one of my favorite things was to bottle feed the babies who needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post, Jeff.

    Safe travels and boy is that Sam a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photographs - thanks for sharing! That is the cutest baby goat ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. s-kat - Thanks for the encouragement!

    Linda - Thanks

    Sab - Thank you!

    Maureen - The farm is located near Albert lea, just a bit more south.

    Ana - hee hee!

    Janice - Yes... Jeff did get to bottle feed him too!

    Crafty - It's me, Joe - but I'm sure Jeff would take the credit!

    Catherine - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. s-kat - Thanks for the encouragement!

    Linda - Thanks

    Sab - Thank you!

    Maureen - The farm is located near Albert lea, just a bit more south.

    Ana - hee hee!

    Janice - Yes... Jeff did get to bottle feed him too!

    Crafty - It's me, Joe - but I'm sure Jeff would take the credit!

    Catherine - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE WANT SAM TO COME AND LIVE WITH US!

    ReplyDelete