Sunday, May 07, 2006

Recapping this past week....

We are back to full speed in the kitchen - 10 new recipes this week! Three stood out for us - the Mexican Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars, East 62nd Street Lemon Cake, and Creamy Spinach Lasagna.

Speaking of new recipes, this upcoming week is packed with quite a few! One of them that I am especially looking forward to will use these fresh berries we picked up today.

And to make it even more interesting, they will be paired with coarse black pepper!

Netflix brings us the DVD Sky High which stars Kurt Russell and Kelly Preston. Some of this week's menu will take us out of our comfort zone a bit and we will try to be a little adventurous in choosing recipes we might skip otherwise. Until tomorrow....

6 comments:

  1. You have me intrigued with the strawberries! I'm looking forward to see this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, strawberries and black pepper, are two of my favorites, but I have never thought of them together. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where you found this recipe and I plan on doing it this week too. I have made that particular crust and love it. It is low fat and high fibre but manages to taste really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberries and pepper? Hmm...You have piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I love your recipes and your blog - I will definitly book mark you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black Pepper, Balsamic Vinegar AND Strawberries is my favourite Combination!

    ReplyDelete