Thursday, February 14, 2008

Goat-Cheese Ravioli with Parsley Sauce...

I prepared the majority of tonight's dinner, Goat-Cheese Ravioli with Parsley Sauce, a few days ago so I didn't have to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen tonight. Making fresh pasta is not too difficult, but can be a little intimidating - so this recipe calls for wonton wrappers instead and ends up making the whole process a bit less laborious.

The filling is a combination of tangy fresh goat cheese, ricotta, a smashed clove of garlic and just a sprinkling of fresh grated nutmeg. A dollop of this cheesy mixture is placed in the center of each wonton and the skins are folded together to form a tidy little triangle. At this point, you can line them up on a baking sheet, freeze them and pop each assembled ravioli into a zip-loc bag to store for around a month. To cook, they are dunked into gently boiling water for just a few minutes - fresh or frozen, they should take roughly the same amount of time. So they don't get soggy, be sure to set them on a paper towel for a second so some of the excess liquid is drained off while you finish getting things together.

While you could do a typical and tasty browned butter sauce to coat these ravioli, we opted to go a little lighter and made a dressing based from finely chopped fresh parsley, fruity olive oil and nutty Parmesan cheese. As is, this recipe serves two nicely - but, it would also double or triple easily if you would like to freeze the rest for a later date or if you have more mouths to feed.


6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine! After seeing your cupcakes, last night, I decided to make some Dark Chocolate cupcakes tonight. It was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, can I come to dinner? I mean seriously your recipes are killing me!! They are fabulous!! I can't wait to make this one.

    I just made a brownie recipe of yours and I'm telling you, nirvana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny... I was just browsing old magazines last night and a Goat Cheese Ravioli recipe caught my eye! It's not the same as this one, but yours looks like it turned out great.

    I've made ravioli a couple of times with the wonton wrappers and have had some difficulty with the ravioli sticking to each other on the platter after cooking (even after tossing with olive oil). Do you have any trouble with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good and family friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound great! My boys love ravioli so, I may have to give this a try using the wonton wrappers as you suggest. I haven't conquered fresh pasta as of yet, so I need to stick with the easier methods - thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helene - Dark chocolate cupcakes sound delicious!

    Cathy - Why not, there is only two of us here and our table seats four!

    Lori - I haven't come across that problem yet!

    Kandice - Thanks!

    Patsyk - It is a little tedious to fill and fold them all, but it works well!

    ReplyDelete