Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Simple seafood kebabs done inside or out...

We don't often make recipes that involve seafood and when we do, it is more likely to use shrimp as Jeff seems to like them the most. I don't really have a reason why we do not use them more often... we do usually like the few recipes we try - but we just don't tend to gravitate towards that realm of food.

I wish I could say there was a ton of effort put into tonight's dinner, but these Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp Kebabs could possibly be one of the easiest recipes we've done. While you could do these kebabs on the grill, we have not yet had a chance to get the propane tanks filled - instead, I just used The Griddler and it worked just as well. Large shrimp, golden sweet pineapple and chunky pieces of red onion are threaded onto skewers and drenched in a salty mixture of teriyaki sauce and toasted sesame seeds. I'm sure they would be even better with the extra special kick they would get from just being on a grill, however we really enjoyed these juicy kebabs even being cooked indoors. The chunky pineapple pieces were still able to get that caramelized finish which allowed its natural sweetness to bloom. If you or anyone you may be cooking for don't groove on shrimp, I would certainly think about using this same method with diced chicken breast instead.


2 comments:

  1. Those look good. Sometimes I'll marinate shrimp in olive oil, lemon juice or white wine, garlic, fresh basil, and red pepper flakes; after an hour or so, I'll skewer them and pop 'em on the grill. I love how fast they cook! Dinner in five minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - Marinating the shrimp sounds like a good way to go when you have the extra time!

    ReplyDelete