Thursday, May 31, 2007

Speedy southwestern-inspired pasta dish on busy weeknight...

Thanks for all of the encouragement on the house selling - we've done a lot of work on the inside and not nearly enough time to enjoy it! My main concern is that it is not always easy to keep the house in show condition - with my luck, I'll be in the middle of some messy baking project and a realtor will call to say they are outside waiting to show it!

We spent a lot of time trying to get things organized and put away tonight - I needed dinner to be effortless and quick so I could concentrate on other matters. Pasta is usually a go-to for us on days like this, so I went ahead and threw this Farfalle with Feta and Chipotle dish together. While we waited for the the bow ties to cook, we whisked together a bright dressing made from minced garlic, chipotle powder, fresh cilantro, lime juice, zest and oil. Crumbly feta is also folded into the dressing for a bit of saltiness and rich flavor. The hot tender pasta is then tossed with the fresh tasting sauce to create a smoky pasta dish that is still light, yet substantial enough to be satisfying. Even though the chipotle amount is quite small, it lends just enough punch with the lime juice to give the dressing a southwestern flair. Right before serving, toasted pepitas are tossed on top to add a crunchy contrast to the smooth textures in this dish.


5 comments:

  1. Joe look at this ... you may like it as well.

    http://www.grouprecipes.com/6141/penne-sapore-di-grecia.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this one earmarked to try for some time. Thanks for the reminder. Good luck on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect, easy weeknight meal. I'm definitely going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pasta looks great :)

    Good luck with your house selling, if you bake some of your Essence of Chocolate Squares (which I keep thinking of!) they'll buy for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silvia - Thanks! I'll check it out!

    Jen - Me too, I've had it for a long time, but just kept passing it over!

    Deborah - I hope you like it!

    Kelly-jane - Thank you! We are hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete