Sunday, November 13, 2005

More new veggies....

Going over this past week, we've made quite a few things again! We made 11 new recipes and 1 repeat from the past. Standouts for this week were the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ribbons and the Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf, which by the way, made excellent meatloaf sandwiches for lunch. I've just updated the recipe section with this past week's worth. Don't forget from this week on you can click on the pictures from new posts to see a bigger and a little more clear version.

Tomorrow night we will be using a couple "new to us" vegetables. I've been wanting to use them for awhile and came across a recipe that looks promising! Come back and see what these turn into!
We liked last night's movie, Kingdom of Heaven, but it was a little hard to follow. It sometimes seemed like important scenes were missing. Tonight's movie from Netflix, Batman Begins, with Christian Bale and Miss "TomKat" Katie Holmes, is something I have been waiting impatiently to see. We were going to see this at the big Imax close to us, but we never got the chance to.

I have the menu planned out for the week ahead, but the kitchen is having some changes done to it Tuesday and Wednesday which puts a kink into my plans so some things are being moved around. I should be able to make dinner without problems, but baking may have to wait until later in the week. Stay tuned to see what's happening from our kitchen!

5 comments:

  1. Anxiously awaiting the parsnips and turnips post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about the kitchen and see what you do with the turnip (or rhutabaga) and parsnips. I love them pureed in soup, or just mashed with carrots, and don't get me started about roasting them with some fresh thyme or rosemary. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The suspense is killing me - cant wait to see what you do with those winter veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, parsnips make an appearance. I have them on my list as well. I think I'll roast them, but then again, I'll wait and see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice - They turned out very well!

    Ruth - You guessed it right! I'll have to look for some soup or mashed reciped! I loved them roasted though.

    mebeth - Hope you liked the outcome!

    Lisasd - Winner! We really like how they came out being roasted!

    ReplyDelete