Saturday, November 05, 2005

Trying to find a replacement...

Trader Joe's used to carry a Granny Smith granola blend that I bought every couple weeks or so. They stopped selling it about a month ago and I've been looking for something I could just make at home rather than going out to buy it. I've tried a couple but we have liked this one the best so far.Apple-Cinnamon Granola has a crunchy blend of oats, oat bran, walnuts and a surprise ingredient of cheerios! This is not a clumping type of granola, but that is something we prefer. I used Penzey's Extra Fancy Vietnamese Cinnamon and fresh ground cardamom. I usually have this over yogurt - very good!

Keeping with our ritual Saturday night Chicken Salads for dinner. The Netflix movie of the weekend night will be Monster-in-Law with Jennifer Lopez and Michael Vartan. I admit, we really put it on the list just so we could see Wanda Sykes - she is such a great comedian!

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love Penzeys. I buy tons of stuff from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw Monster In Law last weekend....it's very funny! I like Wanda too, you'll be impressed with her in this movie.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was Monster-in-Law? Glad to find another treat at Trader Joes I can try. Now I can just hope they decide to open one up in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kalyn - Since one moved to Phoenix it is pretty much the only place we go for spices! No more shipping charges... woo!

    Val - We really liked the movie!

    Mona - I've heard they are expanding more to the east - hope you can find one near you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the granola recipe when I first saw in the November CL. Yours look great!
    I love granola and yogurt, and everything apple, need to try this recipe for sure!
    As always your pictures look great! I also loved the blueberry cheesecakes from the last post, they look delicious!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I have never made my own granola. When I get back to Chicago I will have to try this recipe. It really makes so much more sense to make it at home rather than buy it. Though, I am familiar with the granola from Trader Joes that you lament and I liked it quite a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chole!

    Anna - I stashed some of the cheesecakes in the freezer - they are very tasty!

    Gemma - It is a lot easier than I thought it would be - I can see making this one often!

    ReplyDelete