Friday, November 04, 2005

Sweet juicy blueberries...

Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes is the second recipe that I have made from the One Smart Cookie book I received a few weeks ago. I did modify it a bit as it orginally was to be made in an 8X8" pan for squares. Instead I made them in regular muffin tins as my square pan was already busy with something else.
Creamy cheesecake on top of a crunchy almost caramel tasting (from the Golden Syrup) graham cracker crust. Topping the batter with small organic wild blueberries gives a nice hue to the top and gave a sweet balance to the cheesecake.

Leave them plain or serve with mounded blueberries on top.


6 comments:

  1. Those mini cheesecakes look luscious - I'm definitely going to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mini cheesecakes look VERY good! If I had an army of people to feed, perhaps I'd make some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organic wild blueberries in November? I may have to move to Arizona!

    This just looks too fab. Yum. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. mebeth - Thanks!

    robyn - They store well in the freezer so the keep well!

    rachael - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Rachael!!!The only blueberries you find here in Toronto in November are imported with little flavor and a HUGE price tag.

    The cheesecakes look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete