Friday, June 10, 2005

Creamy Tarragon Chicken Salad

Creamy Tarragon Chicken Salad (Adapted from Eating Well)

16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon dried tarragon (use fresh if you have it!)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup diced celery
3/4 cup halved red seedless grapes
4 split whole wheat pitas

Preheat oven to 450

In a glass baking dish, place chicken breast in a single layer. Add in the broth and bake the chicken until cooked through, about 25 to 35 minutes depending on the thickness. Remove and place chicken breats on a cutting board until cool enough to handle. Shred or cut the chicken into cubes.

In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix in the celery, grapes, cooked chicken breast and walnuts. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to help the flavor develop. Divide between 4 pitas to serve.

Click here to be taken to the main post

2 comments:

  1. Joe, That looks so yummy. I want to try so many of the recipes that you post but I can't keep up! Everytime I see one I want to make, I realize I don't have a certain spice or herb (in this case, the tarragon).

    As a matter of fact I just bought 5 new spices and herbs Friday because I wanted to make the country pork chops you posted, but I did'nt have rubbed sage. Oh well, I get to one of them soon I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to buy spices and will miss being able to wander around penzeys. ope you like the chops!

    ReplyDelete