Thursday, September 29, 2005

Treats from England...

We received a great foodie gift in the mail today. Thanks to Mari K and Debra who were traveling in London and picked up these wonderful bottles of Wild Garlic sauce. I've never seen or tasted anything like this before and I can't wait to find a reason to use it.

On to dinner... we had another great casserole tonight. This one is pretty spicy and makes use of some leftover items in the fridge I needed to use up. Chili and Cheddar Bow Tie Casserole takes on a smokey flavor from cumin and chili powder while some chipotles in adobo add some much welcomed heat. Even though the amount of Canadian Bacon is small, crisping it up in the butter brought out its taste throughout the sauce and combined with the sharp White Cheddar I used it was perfect. There is a little leftover in the fridge just waiting to be eaten for lunch tomorrow.

Chili and Cheddar Bow Tie Casserole
*Click on the photo to enlarge

5 comments:

  1. Ohh I can't wait see what you do with that garlic sauce. A whole sauce made of garlic...who's been reading my diary. The casserole looks great at well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Garlic? That sounds amazing! I can't quite make out the name of the castle - do you know which part of England it's in?

    Mmmmn, yum, yum, yum. There's just something about the word "wild", isn't there? Wild strawberries, wild mushrooms, wild garlic. Yum. And double yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love garlic, that sauce has to be good stuff!! And you've got me curious now, how does it taste Joe? It seems to have the consistency of a thick emulsified salad dressing... Can't wait for your reviews and recipes you are going to use it in!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Punky - I'm thinking of using it on a salad diluted with some vinegar or something like that.

    Plum - I don't know where but the name is Moniack Castle

    Ana - I have not had a chance to try it yet but I agree with the consistency. I'm not sure what I will make but the dressing sounds good as I said above!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That garlic sauce sounds great, I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete