Saturday, January 14, 2006

Chocolate crunchy snacks...

Biscotti has to be one of my favorite crunchy snacks. Perfect to dip in coffee or to enjoy alone, I'm always thinking about new ways to change up the flavor. I've never paired the combo we used today before, but Jeff has declared this to be his favorite combination.

Chocolate Hawaiian Biscotti uses rich and buttery Macadamia nuts. We don't often buy these because they can be exceptionally expensive, but we love the crisp texture and bought some last weekend. I toasted them after chopping for just about 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I used two kinds of chocolate for this Biscotti - Dutch Process cocoa and white chocolate chips. Using this cocoa adds a deep rich flavor enhanced by a touch of espresso. For the white chocolate chunks I used a chunk of Callebaut that I cut up into smallish pieces. The biscotti is just crunchy enough, but they are not rock hard so they can be eaten easily.

The DVD of the night from Netflix will be Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. I think i've seen bits and pieces of this on TNT but I've never seen the whole movie. I've been wanting to for awhile and it finally came up in the queue!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to make these for DH. He loves to dip biscotti in his coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH those look good. We love to dip biscotti in coffee also. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pistachios would be a lovely alternative to macadamian nuts if someone would want to make these more economical...macadamian nuts are a favorite of mine (they have the most distinct flavor and texture), but they are too expensive as an everyday item. Your biscotti look wonderful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyndi - Let me know how they turn out for you!

    Patti - Yeah! They go great with coffee and they even add a hint of chocolate which is always good!

    Ungoremtgal - I have a pistachio version I made a few weeks ago posted as well... it is a good sub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmmmy! Love love love chocolate biscotti!

    ReplyDelete