Sunday, April 30, 2006

Can't wait to get started....

Well, only 6 recipes with 5 being new for this week - expect it to go back to normal somewhat as we'll be home all week. The Ginger and Pistachio Scones from yesterday were probably the favorite for us.

For those wondering about housing updates - the open house was yesterday, but since it was more of a spur of the moment thing, we didn't get much traffic. The cookies went over well though I think. We are waiting to do serious house hunting in MD until we have a contract here in Phoenix - I would hate to fall in love with a house, but loose it because we have yet to sell this one. We could carry both, but we would rather not unless we absolutely had to.

I can't wait to get started on the recipes this week - here is a couple of the ingredients that will be used is various dishes.

Fresh rhubarb - I was happy we finally found this in the market again!

Many of the savory and sweet dishes planned for his week will also be using zest and juice of these bright yellow lemons.

Tonight's Netflix movie will be Prime starring Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep. I had fun planning out this week menu last night since it felt like it has been forever since I've planned a full week. Stick around and see what happens with the fun ingredients this week!

3 comments:

  1. I love rhubarbs. Can't wait to come back and check what you have made with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to cook with rhubarb but have never ventured... very much looking forward to what you will do! ... and Welcome back from your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to cook with rhubarb but have never ventured... very much looking forward to what you will do! ... and Welcome back from your trip!!

    ReplyDelete