Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Brownie results

The brownies went over well today from what I gather. They were all gone in less than 2 hours. In general, most people preferred the cocoa style rather than the melted unsweetened chocolate. I just think the taste comes through better with the cocoa - i'ts more subtle.

Dinner this evening was fun and pretty healthy! We had Gnocchi with Broccoli Fontina Sauce(CL). Rather than using a pre-made gnocchi, I made my own and just weighed out the amount called for in the recipe. I also steamed the broccoli, rather than boiling with the Gnocchi, so we didn't loose some of the important nutrients! Other than making the Gnocchi - it's a very quick recipe with lots of flavor. I grated some additional parmesan on top and the finished dish was very good! Can't wait to have the leftovers.


Check back tomorrow to see what we are cookin up next!

11 comments:

  1. Made your OWN gnocchi? Where do you find the time? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have wanted to try to make gnocchi for so long, but have been a little scared. You have definetly given me the push I need to finally try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, nice job on the blog. I got the link from Gemma(Pro bono baker). I am currently in culinary school right now. Your recipes and pics look awesome. check out my blog at chefsera.blogspot.com
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I love gnocchi. Though I am not sure I could make my own, but I will be adding this to my long list of stuff I want to try and make someday. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! I like parmesan on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could us folks out here in bloggerville possibly request a demonstration of your gnocchi-making technique, the next time you make it? I have it on file to attempt this fall, but it would be great to see a walk-through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, my husband is anti-gnocchi. He's also anti-dumpling, and anti-soggy-bread. So no panzanella, no Tuscan bread soup, no pot pies, no gnocchi. Maybe someday soon I'll make some for myself, though...I love broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe, this looks delicious as usual. My honey loves gnocci, any chance you'd share the recipe to actually make it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by my blog. I love gnocchi too and make it from scratch also. There is nothing like homemade pasta. Your meals are very enticing and healthy which I love. After 30, most of us have to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweetnicks - it actually didn't take too long - I can get a lot of prep stuff done as I get up pretty early!

    Michelle - Do give them a try! It's not as scary as it looks.

    ChefSF - Thanks for visiting and the nice comments!

    Thanks Punky! I hope you do try it! It would still be good with pre-made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bearette - We love parmesan too - always have a block in the fridge!

    s'kat - Thanks! Next time I make it I will take more pictures of the actual making/shaping!.

    Crystal - I used to be like your husband but finally figured out it is actually pretty good! The texture can be a barrier though!

    Ruth - Thanks! I'll try to get the recipe up soon!

    Gia - Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete