Monday, August 08, 2005

Crazy Monday in the kitchen

So here starts the week of many new recipes and ingredients! We started dinner tonight with Peach and Brie Quesadillas with a Lime-Honey drizzle. I used honey whole wheat tortillas and very fresh peaches. This was sooo good. The buttery brie with the sweet honey and peaches made my face light up on first bite. This will definetly be repeated. Perfect to serve for guests.


Polenta cakes with a Fire roasted tomato sauce topped with grated parmesan was our entree. We used instant polenta (Thanks again Mari K and Debra) for the first time and after refrigerating it looked/felt just like the stuff you find premade! But tastes much better! We grilled the polenta after cutting it out and the crispy outside, but creamy warm inside was tasty! The fire roasted tomatoes were enhanced by fresh oregano and basil. The added parmesan was subtle but the pungent nature of the cheese still came through.


The requested recipes will be posted below. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love the peach and brie quesadillas. My best friend has made them for 2 parties and they are fabulous. The lime-honey sauce really is the key (and I could eat brie like it was my job). The grilled polenta looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sounding meal! My favorite is the fruit-brie combo... its great taste bud alchemy.

    ReplyDelete