Monday, August 15, 2005

Starting the week with a bang..

So if this week goes as well as today then all these new recipes should be no problem! Everything came together great today and we came out with trying three new dishes! For the main dish we have Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Craisins (CL). The orignial recipe called for raisins but we usually do not have them around. I served this on toasted honey whole grain bread. The blend of curry powder, fruit, and chicken was tangy and smokey; when combined with the slightly sweet crunchy bread was a fresh change of pace!

On the side was Zucchini Oven Chips (CL). I changed a couple ingredients around using Asiago and adding some cayenne pepper. We both really enjoyed these! The recipe didn't make enough in my opinion - so good! I think I had enough breading for another zucchini so I will have to remember that next time.

For dessert tonight I made Turtle Ice Cream pie. This has a bottom of rich chocolate brownies layered with silky homemade vanilla bean ice cream, caramel topping and nuts. How can this combo possibly go wrong? This was so smooth and really finished off our dinner with a bang!

7 comments:

  1. I am just drooling at those pictures. Everything looks so good -- your picture are terrific. Those zucchini chips look so good, and don't need to say a thing about how the pie looks. Never had curry before -- but I might give a try. Not sure if it is too hot for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that all looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, come over and cook for me. It all looks fabulous. I use an old recipe from CI for "baked, mock fried" zuckes. One year we made about 10 large zuchinis worth and everyone raved. I'll have to try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually bought zucchini this weekend to make those chips, so great minds think alike. The Ice Cream Pie looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks great. Did you cook the zucchini chips on a baking stone or wire rack (or something else all together)? I am so jealous of all your good food this week. We are only getting quick and easy fall backs since we are going out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love the Zucchini Chip recipe posted if possible ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great comments!

    Punky - I did do these on a baking stone! I've never used it for anything other than pizza but it worked very well!

    AK - I will post the recipe now!

    ReplyDelete