Friday, August 05, 2005

The door bell rang this morning and then commenced with the barking of the dogs until I went to see who it was. They tend to go crazy whenever they hear that noise. UPS was there and looked like they were about to run away until they saw the dogs were under control and friendly. She handed me the package from amazon and I wondered what I ordered. I totally forgot about it so it was a nice suprise to see this!


We had a much older one that the control button was broken and you had to stick your finger inside to get it to work. I've been doing that for around 6 months, but when someone (we wont name who........) while I was out of the kitchen after surgery had to use it I instantly heard I need a new one. "What are you doing using this?" I reminded him that he tried to fix it right after it broke and said its OK to use - no problem. Hmph, funny how that is!

After a quick trip to Trader Joe's in the morning to pick up some pork tenderloin, dinner was put together pretty fast tonight. Five-Spice Pork Lo Mein is what we had. This was the first time we tried this spice after a Penzey's visit. We have not had much experience in chinese food but this was great! I really enjoyed how you could pick out the different spice flavors. Hoisin finished off the sauce bringing the noodles and pork together.

7 comments:

  1. oooh!
    Nice looking stick blender! I love mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lo mein sounds really good. Is it the recipe on CL? It sounds really quick and easy to throw together. If you did use the CL recipe, do you think the full 2 Tbsps of oil is necessary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Punky! Yep - thats the recipe! It was really quick to come together - since the pork is in slim strips it goes fast! I did not use the full 2 tablespoons - I thought that was a little much so what I did was use 1 tablespoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil. I still think that could even be reduced further without flavor/browning loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joe. I might just have to put that on the menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous that you can actually VISIT Penzeys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is there a penzy;s in phx now? I'll be so mad if there is, as I was just there in march.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randi - Yep there is a penzey's here now! It's awesome! Sorry you missed it =(

    ReplyDelete