Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Already thinking of lunch tomorrow...

We wanted to start off by saying a big Congratulations to Anna from Cookie Madness who won the $1 millon dollar grand prize at the Pillsbury Bake-Off! Well deserved!

Tonight's dish for dinner was a quick stir-fry served over a brown and wild rice blend. Sesame Chicken Edamame Bowl starts out by sautéing garlic, lemongrass and fresh ginger in a mixture of canola and sesame seed oil. Diced chicken is then mixed in and allowed to get a golden color. Next, a mixture of edamame, edamame succotash and fresh diced red bell peppers are stirred in and brought up to temperature. Soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and cornstarch are added to bring a thick flavorful coating to the chicken and vegetables. Finished with a sprinkling of salt, green onions and toasted sesame seeds, this meal hit the spot tonight. Fast, full of flavor and quite healthy - I can't wait for the leftovers tomorrow!


10 comments:

  1. Yay Anna! She seems to be on everyone's blogs tonight. :)

    I have a recipe for chicken, edamame, brown rice and soy-glazed walnuts that's really good too. Mabye I'll put that on the menu for next week since it fits my "use up stuff in the freezer/pantry" criteria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe - That looks really healthy. But it also sounds tasty. That's a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delish....hated frozen edaname though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only does that dish look totally delish, the plating is wonderful.

    And don't worry about those pesky leftovers, you can just fed-ex them to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember exactly how I arrived on this blog a few days ago but I surely don't regret it... It is now a regular habit to wander around here and I'm never disappointed.
    I love this chicken-edamame dish,sounds "siiii bon" !...
    I think I am going to test à lot of your wonders, if you don't mind.
    I have already started... I've just baked coffee cupcakes with espresso syrup.
    They are astonishing...
    So tender !
    I just put a little bit more coffee.
    Thnak you bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, that's a dish Alex would love. The kid's crazy for edamame, and likes bell peppers. Substitute Veat for the chicken, and we'd have a meal he'd eat...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh. That Sesame Chicken Edamame combo looks so good. Yeah for Anna. How exciting that it was a food blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing about Anna. I think I need to spend some time developing recipes and entering contests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alysha - That sounds awesome!

    Ed - Yeah! It's always nice when they better-for-you things actually taste good!

    Foodcrazee - don't like edamame I take it?

    barbara - Thanks! Although I don't think they would survive a Fed EX trip!

    s'kat - Thanks!

    Thalie - Thank you for the visit!

    Stepahnie - let me know if you give it a go!

    Kalyn - Yeah! I can't wait to hear all the details!

    Randi - I know!

    ReplyDelete