Monday, December 26, 2005

Surf-N-Turf

One of the first things I thought of to make when I spotted these Cappuccino Chips was working it into a batch of fudge. The recipe is pretty much the same one that I use for Cinnamon Fudge. It keeps the same rich and creamy texture as the cinnamon fudge, but it has a very distinct Cappuccino flavor with a coffee aroma. If you can find these and love coffee, this is an execllent way to change up fudge. Next up for these intense chips are some cookies that were suggested I think!

We don't often have steaks, but they looked quite good in the store today. I picked them up and came up with a nice change of pace for dinner. Since I had some shrimp in the freezer leftover from another recipe, it was destined to be a Surf-N-Turf night. Rosemary Shrimp Scampi Skewers served with Classic Steak House Rubbed Steaks and baked potatoes hit the spot after dealing with the crowd at the stores today.

The shrimp soaks in a zesty marinade and is then threaded onto spears of fresh Rosemary. Despite there not being any rosemary beside the spear, the shrimp pick up quite a bit of that woody flavor. After a quick run on the grill, the shrimp curled into succulent tasty bites and we gave them a quick shower of fresh juice from a slice of lemon. The steak was rubbed with a variety of spices and then grilled to a medium-rare. As the title implies, it does remind me of the flavor you would typically get from a steakhouse steak.

4 comments:

  1. You are killing me with all this fudge! A major weakness of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, everything looks delicious, as usual - especially the surf & turf (what can I say - I'm a serious carnivore).

    Best wishes for a great 2006

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those capuccino chips at World Market last week and was so tempted to get them. You may have pushed my temptation over the edge with that fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetnicks - it is sure a favorite around here!

    Ruth - Thanks! We have not had that combo for awhile

    Biscuit - Get them! They are quite tasty

    ReplyDelete