Friday, July 22, 2005

New Toys, requests and more!

Finally received a new toy that I have been wanting for quite some time!


This kitchen aid 12 cup has 3 bowls - 12" 10" and 4". It also has an extra wide feed tube so most things will not need to be cut in half. Now I can pull all the food processor recipes that I had set aside in the event I actually got one! Woo!!

Tonight for dinner was a repeat recipe that we really enjoyed before. It has been some time since I made it. Cheesy rice casserole with sour cream and jalapeno's is presented below. It has a nice mix of flavors and is not overly hot. I served steamed veggies to go along with this dish.


I've gotten a few requests for the doggie biscuits so here is the recipe for that.

Peanut butter snaps
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup milk
2 cups whole wheat flour (can sub 1/2 cup of wheat germ)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter and milk until smooth. Set aside

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Gently mix peanut butter-milk mixture into the dry ingredients
and mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and
knead lightly.

Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick and use small to medium cookie cutters to cut out shapes.

Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned.

Cool on wire racks and store in the fridge or freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the recipe! My two pups will love them, I'm sure.

    What a great new toy! I really wish ours had more bowls...so many times I'm in the middle of cooking, and need to use the darn thing three or four times. I mean, who wants to dishes during a cooking marathon?

    ReplyDelete