Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Nuts and More...

Since it's tuesday today I needed to find something that Jeff could take into work tomorrow. I was not sure how much I would be able to do but found something that was fairly easy on my shoulder. After going through my recipe piles and thinking I definetly wanted something new I went for Butterscotch nugget bars (BBCL). This bar cookie has a dense buttery base filled with a mixture of softened cream cheese and butterscotch. Topping this was a mixture of toasted sliced almonds and a reserved amount of the cookie's base.


With the fresh basil from the farmers market tonight's dinner was Chicken and Bowtie Pasta salad with a Walnut Pesto. The toasted walnuts in the pesto really bring out a great flavor. Tender grilled chicken along with al dente pasta made this dish a big hit!


I saw this in the news yesterday. Hershey's is buying Scharffen Berger. I'm not too happy about this especially if they decide to fuss with how they are currently doing SB's chocolate. We use them frequently and really enjoy the taste - even if it tends to be more expensive. Its worth it. If this move just exposes Scharffen Berger to a wider market and makes it more available then I'm all for it. Just don't mess with it! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. How'd the bars taste? I printed that recipe the other day, but haven't made it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish looks really Great!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bars were quite outstanding! Would definetly make them again - and its very versatile!

    ReplyDelete