Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Scorching heat

Temperature was a record high today at 115. Ugh! But its a dry heat right? *grumble* Thankfully for central air I did get some baking done today. I needed something for Jeff to bring into work tomorrow so I thought I would go with something he has not brought in before. This time it is Cranberry Oatmeal cookies. Yield was 46 so I guess we can keep a couple!


Since I was on a mission to find decent watermelon I thought it was fitting to make a new and refreshing recipe for dinner. It did not take long at all to make (not counting the time for marinating). Sesame-Chile Chicken with Gingered Watermelon Salsa served over a mound of brown basmati rice. It had a nice but subtle kick from the jalapeno and ginger.

1 comment:

  1. Joe - found you via King Arthur! What a fun blog - you sure are eating better than my family these days. Makes me feel a bit guilty - I gotta find the energy to try harder! You've inspired me!

    I would love your sesame chili chicken and salsa recipe. And - of course - the cookies!!

    I went to the University of Arizona, Tucson. Arizona is a bit of a challenge in July, isn't it! But I really miss the southwest - we are living in damp Atlanta these days!

    Best wishes - Beth

    ReplyDelete