Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sweet smelling Sunday


After going thru the list of recipes I set aside for this week we needed to go to the farmers market to pick up a few things. Thankfully its not too far off our grocery store path so we can get there pretty easily. One thing I really needed to get was some fresh basil for a pesto dish. The market didnt have too much to choose from today but I think we did good for the basil!



I was outside early this morning and noticed a tree rose bush we planted a few months ago is finally coming into its own. This was the first time we have ordered a plant from QVC and I'm very happy with the turn out! Hopefully it will continue to bloom and be able to stand this awful heat here!


Quick dinner tonight of turkey hot dogs (so inspiring huh?) with spicy tortilla chips. Far from gourmet but fast and easy! I think we are going to watch another DVD tonight. Elf was apparently next on our list. X-Men 2 was much better than we expected - if you liked the first one the second is just as good!

Stick around this week to see what happens with these new recipes - who knows how it will end up as we are even going to try to tackle Tabbouleh later in the week!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous rose - love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, where do you go to Farmer's Market? I tried a couple here in the Valley, but they were so...um...well, lame...that I didn't want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you Netflix? I love it...I've been a member for over a year, and we're definitely getting our money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do use Netflix! We have been using it for a few months now and love it. We never got around to going to the video store and rarely go to a theater anymore. We have watched more movies recently than I have in a long long time. It is nice to catch up on all the great movies out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep !! I am hooked on Net flix too.. Its a great way to watch movies and now we don't have to go out to the movies unless we really want to get out of the house.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete