Friday, July 08, 2005

Fly by Friday

The weekend is here! Today flew by as much cleaning and picking up of the house was done.

Broccoli and Cornmeal Kuchen was on the schedule for dinner tonight. Since we had some nice broccoli from the farmers market this was a great veggie friendly dish. This is sometimes served with a yogurt sauce but we like it plain. I was able to use the convection toaster oven tonight since it was way to hot to heat the oven for the length needed. I forget how well it works sometimes!


I cracked open the new baking cookbook Small Batch Baking and the recipe that showed itself was Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies. I can't even remember the last time I had a peanut butter cookie so I knew we had to make these. The recipe makes 8 cookies (hurray!) so it came together very quick. The dough was nice to work with. First one out of this book is a big hit! Can't wait to try whatever comes up next.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog...but where can I get the recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working currently on getting them listed - but if you would like something just send me an email! The link under the profile box!

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmmm! Please start right out with the recipe for the Broccoli and Cornmeal Kuchen!! It looks so inviting and fabulous!! (Like swirth, I'm curious about your background. You surely are not a novice nor intermediate cook!!) j

    ReplyDelete